Here are the ingredients & the instructions to make the perfect burger! In our view, the best burger is the one you can easily customize in order to make it the best… for you. Although it may not be the healthiest, use medium ground beef for moistness & flavor. The leaner varieties produce burgers that are drier with a denser, tighter texture. Don’t use previously frozen meat as juices are lost during defrosting. If making ahead, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate for no more than a day. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
How to perfectly prepare the classic hamburger
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, cheese, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, egg, onion soup mix, garlic, garlic powder, parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for 5 minutes per side on the hot grill, or until well done. Serve on buns with your favorite condiments.
As simple as that …